- Sept 2019: Abdullah Shahid is a co-winner of Best Student Paper 2019 award by the Comparative and Historical Sociology Research Cluster of Canadian Sociological Association. More details: http://www.csa-scs.ca/files/webapps/csapress/chs/2019/09/24/co-winners-for-the-best-student-paper-2019/?fbclid=IwAR3lEHWze55sLT52F33ZrztNAtgxPMPNlMpXWmnm4L_DBtEwWG39kEuDcv0
- June 2019: A paper by Ningzi Li and Abdullah Shahid has been awarded "2019 Economic Sociology Best Student Paper Award" by Canadian Sociological Association. More details: https://sociology.cornell.edu/sociology-doctoral-candidate-and-alumna-receive-best-paper-award
- March 2019: Shahid facilitates a 'Controversies' session at the 11th Annual Sociology Graduate Research Symposium @ Cornell University. Topic: "How do we do science when we only have a single data point or a small number of cases?" Link to the program: goo.gl/YjoZ9F
- Dec 2018/ Feb 2019: Paper presentation (by co-author) at University of Colorado Strategy Division Seminar (2018), and at Organization Science Winter Conference in Phoenix, Arizona (2019), Title "Relationship formation in a newly liberalized market".
- July 2018: Shahid gets Student Research Award from the Society for the Scientific Study of Religion (SSSR) for a part of his dissertation research.
- March 2018: Shahid's project at the intersection of economic sociology, organizations, and religion has been awarded research grant by Global Religion Research Initiative (GRRI), University of Notre Dame, USA.